Resource Greater Manchester (RGM) was established in 2016 as a jointly funded partnership between GMWDA and WRAP to maximise resources for the benefit of Greater Manchester.
The partnership will provide a strategic programme of work to help GMWDA achieve its ambitions towards ‘zero waste’ by achieving improvements and greater efficiencies in waste prevention, reuse and recycling.
- increasing the capture of food waste;
- improving the quality of recyclates (dry and food and garden);
- maximising the impact of partnership working between RGM and the nine district councils that constitute the GMWDA;
- driving efficiency savings across the partnership;
- provide opportunities for joint working and shared learning across other WRAP partnership such as Resource London; and
- maximise delivery opportunities within WRAP’s consistency agenda.
The partnership was officially launched at the Recycling and Waste event at Salford University on 31st May 2017.